Wednesday, July 13, 2011

SUMMER

It is summer....in Texas 

It is going to be hot...REALLY hot..

This is to be expected and is the norm.


 This year the weather is a little more challenging,  our rivers and grasslands are drying up..


But there are many things that I love about summer..

My friend's donkey-Jack

My dog, Tess, constantly wanting to play frisbee

Straw boss Steve and our dog Red

Huge sunflowers in my garden


Cherokee Purple heirloom tomatoes out of my garden

A dove on the fence row

...and Heidi, one of my favorite girls..

I hope everyone is having a great summer!  Cooler temps will be here before we know it
(and I, for one, can't wait!)

(Pray for rain!)


I used several different iphone apps when making these pictures...










6 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

i wholeheartedly 2nd and 3rd the prayers for rain. sweet heidi!!! what a face!

oldgreymare said...

loving these photos!!!!

So when do we synchronize the rain dance girlie?

xx
z

you know it stormed here off and on 3 days and nearly every part of the city got rain except for us. ARGH!

Tammy@Simple Southern Happiness said...

I am with you, I think I would like an early Fall this year. This has been the hottest and it started way too early this year.

I so pray for you all to get rain, that is scary.

I DO love your photography!!! YOU sure have an eye for it.

God bless and keep you safe.

Faded Plains said...

Heidi is so stinkin' cute! Try and stay cool.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous photos, Cindy! Stay cool & happy!!!
Hugs,
Zuzu

~from my front porch in the mountains~ said...

Luv me some Heidi :)
And you know I am ready for Fall...or rain!
xo, misha