Tuesday, July 19, 2011

$1.00

These sweet little flowers were on the sale table, one step away from being throw in the trash.
I could not let that happen!  They were just a pretty as the "fresh that day"  $25.00 flowers. 


 Maybe the leaves were a little dry and the edges on a few petals were beginning to brown...


But a pretty vase, some TLC and the morning light

 

made my $1.00 flowers more beautiful than the $25.00 bouquet.

This just reminds me that simple really is better...



Thanks Kim Klassen for the textures!

11 comments:

texwisgirl said...

sweet.

Tammy@Simple Southern Happiness said...

Simple is by far better. You sure did spiff up those flowers. Now, the first pic, is that a painting you did? I LOVE IT.

Stay cool if you can, Thinking about you all there and praying for rain there and for here.
God bless and keep you all safe.

A Rosy Note said...

That was quite the deal. Love that first photo, it's so pretty :)

amyd said...

so lovely - great texture!
amy of four corners design

Old Fashioned Kitty said...

Gorgeous, I just love a good deal too..makes everything sweeter!

oldgreymare said...

So simple, so pretty, so you. <3
x0x0x

You guys still " a-sweltering?" sigh.... us too, but I do not have livestock to worry about..just a doggie coned pooch.. lol

Low Tide High Style said...

Beautiful images and that hobnail vase...simply gorgeous!

Kat :)

Chester County Cottage Girl said...

What a bargain and I love the hobnail vase. I am now a follower, love your blog.

chestercountycottagegirl.blogspot.com

Rural Revival said...

Wonderful photography and processing! I owe Misha for sending you my way. : )

~Andrea

Romeo said...

Yes, sometimes there is more beauty in "simple" than in the complex. Complex can be complicated and well, simple is purrfect ;)

Purrs!

Romeo

P.S. Are the monster grass hoppers gone yet?

Buttons said...

Great buy. B