Sunday, June 12, 2011

being still

I woke up to a beautiful sunrise this weekend.  It was calm and serene.
It was going to be another scorcher...around 102 degrees.
I decided to stay in my studio (and air conditioning!) and make a few things that I have been meaning to make for  a while...

 I have had very good luck selling my necklaces with vintage buttons and tatting. 
 I added a little bird, part of an old clip on earring and tiny key to this one.  

 A necklace made with some charms I have had for a while..


But this was the most fun!  I made dozens of buttons from clay.   I was up until 3:00 am waiting for them to finish firing.  I am going to use them on pillows and necklaces.  They would look great on purses and shopping bags!


Tiny bird houses on rusty wire.  A perfect decoration for potted plants.


silver spoon, vintage button and bird
old skeleton key, charm and tiny bee

old key, ruler, can opener and silver spoon

I had a great weekend...being still.   I ate tomatoes, zucchini, spinach and peppers from my garden,  practiced my yoga, watched the birds in the water sprinkler and ate ice cream.   

Sometimes we just have to be still and listen to what our minds, body and soul need.


P.S.  I have a facebook page now...Fat Cow Studio...I hope you will stop by and "like" me!  I don't have much up yet, but I am working on it!

I sell my art at Witherspoons Antique Mall in Granbury TX and Angels with Attitudes in Glen Rose, TX   I have a few things  on Etsy.  I have neglected my site for a while, but have plans to put more stuff on there soon.  If you are interested in any of my things, just give me a shout!

5 comments:

Romeo said...

That is what you call being still?!? Seriously, given your definition, I have to tell you that "she" is a rock! Because even being "still" you get more done than "she" ever does being busy ;) Just this old cat's viewpoint from down here at the food bowl MOL

I'm glad you enjoyed a weekend being "still". Gotta go lay down ON my rock ;) Purrs!

Romeo

P.S. - "Her" and I both think your creations are wonderful! I started to say "they rock" but "she" gave me the old rolled eyeball look....

Old Fashioned Kitty said...

Cindy, I love your buttons!!! I would love to see your studio and see where you create your amazing art. Have a great week, hope to see you soon.

Olive said...

Cindy, I love the Breathe necklace. The fresh vegetables sound yummy. I am not in a cooking mood with this heat and we have been eating a lot of cold salads here. hugs♥O

red.neck chic said...

Oh - I'm so glad I found you!!! I was visiting Di's blog and saw your comment about needing rain... do we EVER!!! I'm in central Texas as well... so you're not alone in the whole "burning up" department!!! I'm off to loiter a while on your blog!

;-D robelyn

TexWisGirl said...

those are really neat vintage treasures!

thanks for finding my blog today and leaving a comment! i was able to follow you back from your comment, but your blog is not part of your follower block for some reason! just wanted to let you know so you can change it so folks can follow you back here! :)